Virtual Baking Experience - Tweens/Teens - Cream PuffsPate A Choux - The base for cream puffs, swans, eclairs and croquembouches
Cost:$30.00 – $50.00 per person
Schedule:Every Friday evening
About this experience
A mystical little combination of a few key ingredients lends itself to one of French pastries most iconic desserts.
Learn how to make pate a choux and craft it into a plethora of famous French dessert; cream puffs, swans, and eclairs. Time will not permit the building of a croquembouche, but we'll go through the technique required to master one on your own.
Please READ the important bullets below. This is an ADVANCED level baking experience. It is intended for the young baker already comfortable in the kitchen.
- Appropriate age/grade level is middle school to high school (tweens/teens).
This is NOT a family experience offering. It is intended for students to work independently.
- Students will use a kitchen scale, the stovetop, an electric mixer, and the oven.
- Interactive chef-led LIVE via Zoom by Chef Maria Kemp.
- Please encourage your child's friends to enroll to ensure the minimum enrollment is met. Experiences are non-refundable. If 5 student minimum enrollment is not met, we will offer you another class date.
- Ingredients and, supply/tools lists, prep instructions, and the recipe will be sent 48 hours after registration is received. The ingredient list are NOT a suggestion. Coming to class unprepared with not ensure an optimal experience for your child(ren).
- A private (don't share) password-protected Zoom link will be sent to you.
- Arrive 10 minutes before class to socialize with other students.